While we’ve touched on Baldwin County’s recent accolades, expansions and investments, we haven’t broken down the numbers to show you how Baldwin County is growing and thriving. We’ve complied a list of statistics that prove to be noteworthy, including Baldwin County’s population growth, job growth, housing growth, tax growth and projections of what is to come in the next few years for our county. Here is our breakdown of Baldwin By The Numbers.
Baldwin County’s Population Growth
- Baldwin County’s population has grown 49%, since 2000, reaching 208,563, in 2016.
- The University of Alabama Center for Business and Economic Research projects the Baldwin County population to grow to over 300,000 by 2040.
- Baldwin County’s population is expected to grow almost 65% between 2010 and 2040—the largest projected growth among all Alabama MSAs.
Baldwin County’s population is on the rise and we are projected to become the 4th largest county in Alabama by 2040. As a result of this growth, 4 of the top 5 fastest growing Alabama cities are located in Baldwin County, with Daphne becoming one of the 20 largest cities in Alabama in 2016. While employers and residents are recognizing the advantages of settling in Baldwin County, you should consider making the move, too.
Baldwin County’s Job Growth
- Baldwin County ranks as one of NewGeography’s Top 10 Best Small MSAs for job growth in 2017.
- EMSI ranks Baldwin County #1 in the state of Alabama for workforce “Talent Attraction.”
- Baldwin County ranked in the Top 50 MSAs in the U.S. for new job growth, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Baldwin County has seen 16 percent total job growth, 11 percent manufacturing job growth and 48 percent transportation and warehousing job growth from 2011 to 2016.
We shared why business is booming in Baldwin in our last blog, but nothing shows Baldwin County’s business better than the strong job growth in our key industry sectors. Expansion opportunities and resources are limitless in Baldwin County.
Baldwin County’s Housing Growth
- 5% growth in residential housing sales, from 2015 to 2016, and 80% growth since 2010.
- 15 percent growth in the number of new housing starts, from 2015 to 2016, and 140% growth, since 2010.
Baldwin County is home to a thriving real estate market that is constantly developing new houses to accommodate our growth. And, with new residents, comes growth in our school system. Over the past 10 years, our school system has grown more than 25 percent, mirroring the county’s population growth rate of two to four percent, each year.
Baldwin County’s Tax Growth
- Smart Asset names Baldwin County #1 in the state of Alabama for Incoming Business Investment for the second straight year.
- According to the Alabama Department of Revenue, there has been a 31 percent increase in Baldwin County sales tax revenues and a 40% increase in lodging tax revenues, since 2012
- Baldwin County has seen an increase of 16.8% in total assessed property value, since 2012.
Due to Baldwin’s increase in population, business and job growth, and housing growth, our tax base continues to see positive growth. With business booming in Baldwin County, we still remain business friendly, with low tax rates and good employee benefits. These are just a couple of reasons to bring your business our area.
To stay up-to-date on all things Baldwin, follow our social media accounts listed below and check out our News & Events section on our website.